Our Investment Philosophy
At Merino Wealth, we believe that your portfolio is a tool to help you achieve great things for yourself and your family. We also understand that making these decisions can seem daunting and overwhelming. Transferring your investments to Merino Wealth will move the responsibility of the day to day management to us giving you one less thing to worry about. It’s our goal to help you cut through the noise to provide you with cost effective options that align with what’s important to you-achieving your goals.
Here are the fundamentals that sit at the core of our investment philosophy:
- Alignment of your portfolio with your goals, values, and priorities
- Responsible asset allocation strategies
- Low cost investments
- Transparent fees
- ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) Investing
- Gender Lens Investing
- A “no question is considered stupid” policy
Our Financial Advice Process
step 1 - Let's Get to Know Each Other
- You’ll book a phone consultation.
- We’ll review your goals, priority, and values.
- There will be a discussion of how Merino Wealth can help.
- Together we’ll determine if we’re a good fit to work together.
Step 2 - Let’s get this party started!
- We will schedule a time for your in-person consultation.
- During this meeting we’ll sign you up as a Merino Wealth client and you’ll provide us with a down payment on your annual planning fee.
- You’ll provide us with digital or paper copies of your financial data.
- We’ll review and confirm your goals and priorities to make sure that everyone’s on the same page.
- Before you leave we’ll schedule the time for your Strategy Session.
SteP 3 - Merino Wealth will get to work
- The team at Merino Wealth will analyze your situation
- We’ll take a look at what you’ve done so far.
- Our team will evaluate where you are in relation to your priorities.
- We will compare where you are to where you want to be in the future.
- Along the way we’ll reach out for input and info when necessary.
- You’ll be at the center of planning, but we’ll be focused on keeping the work “behind the scenes.” Our goal is to make all of this easier for you.
SteP 4 - Time to see your possibilities
- Our team will develop personalized strategies for your situation.
- We’ll meet for a strategy session to review tailored recommendations.
- Jessica will explain your options in a manner that’s simple and easy to understand.
- We’ll take as long as you need to help you feel comfortable and confident in advice you’re given.
SteP 5 - We’ll HELP get the ball rollinG
- We’ll work together to help you implement the recommendations given.
- You’ll be provided with action items and timelines.
- Our team will be as “hands on” or “hands off” as you’d like!
SteP 6 - As time goes and things change we’ll continue to help you reach your possibilities.
- The team at Merino Wealth will be available to help as things “pop up.”
- We’ll meet during the year to proactively address your financial situation.
- You’ll receive input and guidance on your financial decisions (big and small).
- Every year we’ll formally reevaluate your goals and priorities.
- As your life changes, we’ll help to adapt our strategies and re-prioritize when needed.